What are you looking for?
- 10 Inspirational Modern Splashback Ideas
- 7 Creative Bathroom Tile Design Ideas
- Contemporary Glass Backsplash Designs
- A Guide to Fog Free Waterproof Bathroom TV
- Choosing a Bathroom Mirror TV
- Big Designs for Small Kitchen Sinks
- How to change a bathtub faucet in 8 simple steps.
- 7 Vibrant Red Kitchen Cabinets
- Bamboo Flooring for your Bathroom – The Basics.
- 8 Great Looking Kitchen Islands
- 7 Contemporary Shower Designs
- Kitchen Island Furniture - Suspended Seating
- 6 Space Saving Kitchen Pantries for Small Spaces
- 7 Innovative Shower System Designs
- Bathroom Shower Enclosure Ideas
A great idea for seating around your kitchen island is suspended seating. It gives the illusion of freeing up space in your kitchen whilst being practical. You will need a kitchen island that is a permanent fixture as you can imagine the drama of one that isn’t!
The seats are attached to the kitchen island with durable brackets; it is advised that the kitchen island is reinforced on the side that the seats will be fixed to. The chairs are placed on a swivel hinge so you can easily slide in and out of them. It is recommended that you have a 24 inch gap between each outer edge of the chairs so they don’t bang into each other and you don’t knock your knees.
Seating Innovations are the creators of this great concept, but I am sure you can find others that will install in residential homes. For the budding DIY-er make sure you take into account of the weight that the chair and kitchen island need to support and reinforce the kitchen island and make sure it is strong enough to hold everyone. Here are some design ideas Seating Innovations have to offer. *All prices are POA.
These lovely maple wood chairs are hinged off rubbed bronze brackets.
Made with oil rubbed bronze and includes a padded seat cushion. The brackets are made from a stainless steel.
Created with an Alder wood seat this design includes stainless steel components for the chair frame and brackets.
Black coated steel with stainless steel brackets these cute island chairs have upholstered cushions for added comfort.
For a more contemporary style this design is great. Made with Maple wood and stainless steel.